welcome

Thanks for stopping by. "Fashiona" is my alter ego who is obsessed with all things fashion and has a running commentary on just about everything.

If you are new, please see my first blog Fashiona, Musings of a Stylish Girl.



~Alicia

Search This Blog

I heart FeedBurner

Friday, July 2

Barbara Campbell's Glam Rock Collection

Remember Barbara Campbell...she is an amazing jewelry designer that Fashiona interviewed in October 2009.



Fashiona caught up with her again just after she launched her Glam Rock Collection comprised of Black Rain and Industrial Revolution.

Alicia "aka" Fashiona:  What was the inspiration behind Black Rain?




Barbara: The Recession... I needed to design long lasting, hard standing, overcoming pieces of jewelry that makes a urban chic statement about fashion life & style.



Alicia "aka" Fashiona: On the Vintage Charm Bracelet, I noticed that there is a key on it.  Can people send you old keys  and old charms to make bracelets out of?


Barbara: Yes...absolutely...call for details...646-391-5356


Alicia "aka" Fashiona:  It looks like you used darker metals for this groups, what are they?

Barbara:  Coated steel and gold filled iron.
Alicia "aka" Fashiona:  When you are working do you work in silence, or have music or the TV playing, just want to set the scene for my readers?


Barbara: I love music...I am Cuban...it is my blood. Most recently I have been enjoying the sounds of Bob Marley. My tastes are varied, from Celia Cruz and Tito Puente to Van Morrison and Bob Dylan and the Beatles to Yo Yo Ma I love them all! They bring out the best moods in me in my studio!!!


Alicia "aka" Fashiona:  Care to give any price ranges?

Barbara: My piece range from $80 to $300.  Please visit my website http://www.barbaracampbellnyc.com/  for details.

Alicia "aka" Fashiona: Your jewelry line is doing very well but I am sure as an artist you are searching for new ways to ways to express your creativity.

Barbara: Of course...the future is wide open and exciting. I feel the sky is the limit. I have just begun to expand my studio and have been exploring different techniques and materials for my next collection. Branding, Branding and Branding I love to get the word out about my Brand- Barbara Campbell Accessories! I also see in the near future design a hair accessories line:)

Alicia "aka" Fashiona: I think hair accessories would be a lovely extension of your brand.

No comments:

InStyle Look of the Day Widget


Blog Widget by LinkWithin

The Red Pump Project

The Red Pump Project